Saturday, June 22, 2013

The Last Day of School (in Maryland)

How long ago did we move here?  Two and a half months ago.  So I'm deciding now would be a good time to post some pictures from the kids' last day of school in Maryland.  It's good to post things like this two and a half months later.  (Not really, but I'm going to tell myself that). :)  SO, the last day of school was a hard day for me.  I loved their school in Maryland, and I absolutely LOVED the teachers they had this past year.  They were just wonderful.  On their last day of school I took some cupcakes and drinks for the kids in their class to make it kind of a special "good-bye day."  Lily had 28 kindergarteners in her class so getting a picture with the whole class was a little bit out of the question.  And I have discovered this last year that Lily is in fact very shy, so even getting a picture of her with her teacher was a bit difficult...


But Lily loved Mrs. McDade and so did we!  Everything she said may as well have been Biblical as far as Lily was concerned.  :)

And then we headed over to Daniel's classroom.  Daniel's teacher was so wonderful as well!  Not only was she very sweet, but she was a very good teacher and Daniel learned a lot!!  She had Daniel take a picture with the girls (I don't think he knew what to do)...
 And then with the boys...
 I don't think he's quite as shy as Lily girl.  And here's Daniel with his teacher, Mrs. Blythe...
I was MOST definitely fighting back the tears that day.  I don't know what it is about them having to leave a school that just chokes me up.  They always seem fine, but I am a mess!  We sure do love and miss Broad Ford Elementary!! :)

No comments: