Friday, June 28, 2013

Thirty

Thirty.  That's what I am now.  I just don't know what to think about it!  On the one hand I feel so old!  My twenties were some good times and hold some priceless memories.  I can't believe that time in my life is over.  But on the other hand, thirty doesn't feel near as old as I always thought it was.  And thirty has a level of wisdom and experience that I'm so happy to have (please do not mistake this for me thinking I am the epitome of wisdom or have learned anywhere close to everything I need to know...that is not at all what I mean...I still have a long way to go).  But I am so very thankful for the life lessons I've learned through my twenties and I pray that God will help me to use that wisdom for His glory through my thirties...all the while learning even more this decade! 
My 30th birthday was wonderful.  I had a perfectly relaxing day with my hubby doing some of the things I love the most...

It began with a lunch date at Benihana followed by a movie...Man of Steel (thanks to my sister and her in-laws for entertaining our kids all day) .  Yes I realize it was my birthday and not Jason's.  One thing I have totally learned about myself...when it comes to movies...I'm not much of a chick-flick movie kinda gal.  My favorite kind of movies are action packed and suspenseful.  I am NOT talking about movies like The Matrix or The Fast and the Furious (or any of their sequels).  I am talking about movies like The Bourne Identity or Oceans 11 (or any of their sequels).  Saying all that to say...Man of Steel was right up my alley and I thoroughly enjoyed it.
 
Then we did a little leisurely shopping and headed back to my parents' house to meet up with our children and some family for pizza and cake!  My mom made the cake homemade and it is absolutely the best cake you will ever put in your mouth.  Usually, I'd rather have a homemade chocolate chip cookie or a brownie over cake any day, but not this cake.  This cake is the best.  The kids gathered to sing happy birthday, so we had them smile for a picture.  They got a little carried away saying cheese...

So the day was great!  I'd say a perfect entrance to my thirties!

No comments: