Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Welcome Back

Hi.  My name is Kammy.  And this is my blog.  Oh, wait...
So I've decided to start blogging again.  It is really hard to keep up with sometimes, but I just LOVE being able to look back over the last few years that I've blogged and see the sweet pictures of my babies and be reminded of some of the fun experiences we've had.  I guess my last post kinda caught everyone up on our current living situation...quick recap...we are still living in the first house we ever lived in as a married couple...back at our first church and are very much enjoying being back. I'll start this post though, by briefly catching you up on the major highlights of the last 8 months and then maybe I'll try to start blogging more regularly....
So in December both big boys had a birthday.  Austin turned 5 and Daniel turned 8.  They had a football party and got football outfits...
 

 We had Christmas.  I got this GREAT snapshot of the kids in front of the tree at church.  Doesn't happen often that I get them all looking at the camera and actually smiling too!
.
 We got snow twice.  This was the first one we had.  It happened overnight and was gone by noon.  The second one stayed around for quite awhile, but I'll explain why I don't have any pics of that later...
 Peyton is super mobile now.  He can officially climb on the kitchen table now.  Always creates interesting days when that happens...
 And now why we didn't play in the second big snow.  Our baby got his foot caught in the rotating brush on our vacuum cleaner.  It tore off several layers of skin off the bottom of his foot.  It was horrible.  After taking him to the ER and later to his pediatrician, we discovered that the foot was infected.  He developed a type of staff infection called MRSA.  So we headed down to LeBonheur Children's Hospital on completely ice and snow covered roads so little Peyton could be admitted to the hospital and receive IV antibiotics to heal his precious little baby foot.  He thankfully had just learned the word "NO" before we entered the hospital, so he got to use that word a lot while doctors and nurses poked and prodded his little arms and feet.  He wore the most adorable little baby boot for a week and a half so the foot could heal faster and the wound could close fully.  Now he's doing great and the foot is almost completely healed.
 One day while we were at the hospital the big kids came to visit for awhile.  They did an art project while they were there...
 So, those are the big highlights over the last few months.  Oh...I may have forgotten to mention that we decided to put the kids in school this year.  Daniel and Lily are in first and second grade at a local elementary school and Mondays and Wednesdays, Austin goes to a little church preschool.  So two days a week its just me and Peyton...but the other days its me and these two...
They love each other.  So there's our life!  The plan is to post more regularly from here on out.  We'll see.  :)

No comments: