Wednesday, April 6, 2011

My little Austin...

So, I am having a hard time with this whole blogging thing. I really want to put pictures in my blogs; but if I am blogging from my house (which is obviously the easiest and most convenient place for me to blog) I can't post any. The only way we can get internet at the apartment is from one of those little verizon sticks; and any downloading of pictures just eats up too much space...to many megabites...whatever the correct way to say it is.....basically, I can't dowload pictures at home. So, I can either not blog until I can get to high speed internet; thus allowing me to blog much less often. Or, I can blog more often, and do some without pictures. And...since we have soooo many followers (we have none yet) and sooo many people that want me to tell them all about our lives (I really don't know who reads this yet); I decided to blog more often; even if I can't put a picture with it. Ok....so now what I actually sat down to blog about! My sweet little Austin, who is only 2 years old, is going to be my first child to undergo surgery. Ok, so it's not major surgery or anything....the child is getting tubes put in his ears. But, this little mommy is still very nervous about the whole scene. I keep envisioning them taking my child from me in his little hospital gown, and wheeling him down the hall on a little stretcher while he is screaming "MOMMY!! DADDY!!" the whole way. From talking to other mothers who have been through the same thing; it will probably be nothing like that. But none the less; I am still nervous. The procedure will be taking place tomorrow morning at 5:30 AM (that's right...5:30!...AND the surgery center is an hour away). So we will be leaving our apartment around 4:15 in the morning....thus making the whole adventure all the more dreadful. Anyway...if any of you happen to be up at the crack of dawn, please pray that this whole experience really will go as smoothly as everyone keeps telling me it will. We would really appreciate it!

No comments: