Friday, April 8, 2011

One down; one to go!

Well, today was little Austin's surgery to get his tubes put in his ears. If any of you read my last post.....you may have sensed that I was a teensy bit nervous about it (just a little). But, as they usually are, all of my little worries were for nothing. Austin, didn't cry a bit when they took him away from us (the nurse asked if he wanted to blow into a big balloon and he immediately left us for her); in fact he didn't even have to wear a little hospital gown. So that whole senario ended up being nothing like I had pictured. He was pretty fussy waking up....and fussy in the car. But the child still happened to remember that we had promised him Chick-fil-A on the way home. So at 6:30 in the morning, right after surgery, in his Thomas the train pajama top and Buzz Lightyear pajama pants, we high-tailed it to Chick-fil-A. Austin was still very fussy, mind you, even after we got there; but he didn't want to leave. He pitifully asked daddy to take him to just look at the slide. Again, in a pitiful little tone, he said "I want to get down." And then, it happened, the most instant change of mood I have ever seen in my entire 27 years of life. I'm telling you, the minute that child's feet hit the ground, his face lit up and he said "Come, on daddy!" in his sweet little energetic voice. Ever since, he's been his old self! We made a Walmart run (what kid doesn't need a toy after having surgery) and headed home. Austin fell asleep on the way home and slept til about 10:00 (I got a little nap myself too). And after he woke up...back to seeing what he could get into. Well, that's one down.........and now we have one more to go....Daniel. Only this poor child is not getting tubes put in his ears. He is getting his tonsils and adnoids out! His surgery will be in 3 weeks; and it won't be nearly as easy of a recovery so I hear. I am slightly more nervous about this one. And Daniel....well the poor child is like his mommy. He's not very fond of pain. So we are really praying that he will be like one of those kids we keep hearing about that bounces back very quickly. So, if you think about it, keep him in your prayers for the next couple of weeks! Happy Friday!

No comments: