Saturday, October 22, 2011

Say What?!

Ok, so if you asked me if I liked moving, I would probably say "no." I mean, I would love to live in the same town as both our families; and for Jason to be a minister in the same church forever and ever amen. But, God has obviously had different plans for us (which I am ok with, btw). Anyway, well, yesterday we spent the day not packing boxes and instead visited with some family and friends; and caught up on some other things we needed to do. And it was then that I discovered something about myself that I didn't know....there is a part of me (while initially it seems overwhelming) that likes the task moving! I even caught myself trying to tape up just a few more boxes before we left the apartment! I think this is why. See I LOVE to make lists....especially "to-do" lists. And I LOVE checking things off my lists. And well, since I'm a very visual person...how better to "check off a list" than converting this...
...into this.I know...I'm crazy! But I guess while God's given me the personality that gets really attached to people and doesn't like saying goodbye....He's also given me the personality to love the organization/"checking-off-a-to-do-list" part of moving! God is good! :) Oh...and it gives me an excuse to slip away a little from the mundane everyday house cleaning...(I mean, who can mop a floor covered in boxes). And I know there have been many challenges trying to pack up everything we own with a kindergartener, a preschooler, and a toddler; BUT this is what I LOVE about moving with little kids...


I love all their little doodles! Well, that's all for now! Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

joshash22 said...

We have moved so many times that we look at it as a new adventure. But I do hope and pray that we get to stay here for a very long time. We have the best church family.
THEY ROCK!!!!
I know you will love them all just as much as I do.
Can't wait to see you all.
Love,
Silvia
PS Teddy said HELLO!!!!