Thursday, September 15, 2011

Conan the Destroyer

I just really needed to share a quick note about my day yesterday. I remember thinking yesterday morning...this is a great day..the kids were being so good...we were getting a lot done. Then yesterday afternoon hit...or more appropriately...Conan the Destroyer hit! (That's Jason's grandfather's name for Austin). Yesterday he ripped through the house full force! He began with getting the pitcher of pink lemonade out of the fridge. He wanted more, so he figured he'd just get it out and bring it to me. The problem is the lid on the pitcher is not quite as spill proof as...say...a gallon of milk. So as he's trying to give it to me, the cold pink lemonade is pouring down his legs and all over my floor. Then, while I'm upstairs trying to get the mountain of laundry that I always seem to have put up, I hear Daniel say, "Austin peed all over the couch and it got on my arm!" The child had taken his diaper off and peed all over the couch and floor beside the couch. Even his hair and face were wet. It was fun. THEN, to end the night, he got ahold of the vaseline again and rubbed it all in his hair. I have no idea what his facination with vaseline is, but at least by then Jason was home; and I graciously let him handle that one! He's been so good lately about not making major messes....I guess I pay for that with a day like yesterday! It's a good thing that child is soooo incredibly cute (and might I say....he really is)!! Gotta love Conan! :)

No comments: