Monday, March 5, 2012

Week 15

Well this pregnancy is speeding right along. I am 15 weeks now, and definitely developing a baby bump, as you can see in the above picture. Now that I'm in my second trimester, I have finally gotten some of my energy back and am sleeping a little better at night. However, I have developed a very irritating cough and cold...which I was so graciously told by my doctor will possibly last 3 weeks. The one part of pregnancy that's always the most enjoyable and I have a nasty cold. Oh, well...at least I can eat. That is the most important thing, right? As I have stated before I am LOVING Chinese food. Other things I have been craving are lemonade, lemonade popsicles, coke (don't judge me), and since Friday night....fish tacos (we had dinner at a friend's house and she made fish tacos that were delish and I have been thinking about them ever since). Quite frankly though...I am thoroughly enjoying all kinds of food this pregnancy. We'll deal with the results of my decisions after I'm done nursing....(notice I am giving myself several extra months of eating what I want). :) One last thing...I will be having my next ultrasound on March 29th where we will be finding out....yep, you guessed it...THE GENDER!!! I am super excited about finding out whether God is blessing us with a baby girl or a baby boy. So stay tuned! Oh, and one more thing....speaking of genders...for all you pregnant mommys out there....my doctor told me another "old wives tale" of how to know what you're having. If you are feeling like you have to shave your legs less often than usual, you are having a girl. I thought it sounded pretty odd. But since I know so many ladies that are pregnant right now, I thought it'd be funny to share on here (in case any of you are reading). I'm sure it's just like every other theory, but still fun to test it. So like I said...if any of you are reading, let me know how it proves out...just for fun!

P.S. Bourbon Street Chicken was a hit. I also attempted Egg Rolls and Egg Drop Soup this week. Neither were great. The egg roll recipe I did get from Pinterest, but I wanted to make considerably fewer than the recipe called for, making it hard to half it that many times. Also...I didn't roll them tight enough. So I'm thinking with a little critiquing, I will have them down by the time I run out of the egg roll wrappers and the cabbage mix I have. The Egg Drop Soup...well it was a bust....edible, but not enjoyable. I am going to work on a whole new recipe for that. I got that recipe from foodnetwork.com and it was a general recipe...not done by one of their chefs. I am usually never disappointed by their recipes when it's from one of their good chefs (like Tyler Florence, Guy Fieri, Sunny Anderson, Ina Garten, The Neely's, ok, so I like a lot of them). This week, I'll be trying Mongolian Beef. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: